Estancias del Lago runs a sustainable agroindustrial complex dedicated to the production of milk powder, located in Durazno, Uruguay. The facilities occupy premises of more than 18,000 hectares, mainly in the centre of the country.
Fertirrigation agriculture and intensive and selective livestock breeding are complemented by the use of the most modern industrial processes in order to continuously assess the product, which meets international standards of quality.
Fertilizers and fossil fuels are replaced by the use of renewable energy, and the use of chemicals and emissions of gases favoring the greenhouse effect are kept to a minimum.
The company’s main product is milk powder. In total, 21,000 tons will be produced annually, this is obtained at the company’s own dairy farm, which will have more than 13,000 milking animals, one of the largest not only in the country but also in the region.
Intensive Production, Protecting the Enviroment
Our commitment to the environment is very much present in the agricultural production that we will be carrying out, with:
- 230 tons/day of solid biofertilisers and 1,300 m3/day for fertirrigation.
- 300.000 tons per year of grain production in their own fields.
- 2,300 annual tons of biofuels for the generation of thermal energy.
- Over 7 million m3 of water reservoirs.
Agriculture - Cattle Breeding Integration
Our agricultural produce is fed to our cattle, thus optimizing the conditions to obtain top-quality milk:
- 17,400 tons of soybean expeller will be produced to feed animals in breeding.
- There will be 15,600 penned cows.
- Milking cows with outstanding genetic features.
From Land to Consumer
Due to all of this, our powdered milk is the product of a rigorous process where:
- There will be 13,000 cows in production.
- We will obtain 500,000 liters of fluid milk for processing each day.
- Full traceability of dairy products (100%).
Best Quality, Minimal Environmental Impact
Always bearing in mind the respect for the environment, a core idea that is reflected in our industry:
- 21,000 tons of high-quality whole milk powder will be produced.
- The most modern fluid milk, dehydrating plant only 150 m from other production areas of the same agro industrial establishment.
- The continuous processing and production, ensures the preservation, stability and quality of the end product.