Highest quality milk powder
from Uruguay to the world
To be the first sustainable agro-industrial company producing top-quality products. We make efforts to provide value to investors while providing opportunities for growth and development to our employees, our trading partners and the communities where we carry out our operations.
To be an admired and reliable company. To constantly improve all the aspects of the context where EDL carries out its operations, launching initiatives to benefit society as a whole.
The dairy sector in Uruguay
- 90% of Uruguay’s milk produced for the industry contains less than 50,000 colony-forminfg units (CFU), while the international standard is less than 100,000.
- 82% of Uruguayan milk produced for the industry complies with the international standard of less than 400,000 somatic cells.
- There are 3,200 producers selling their milk to the industries.
- 2,300 million liters of milk are produced yearly.
- Uruguay exports its dairy products to more than 60 countries around the world, including: USA, China, Russia, Singapore, Brazil, Cuba, Algeria, Mexico, Vietnam, Morocco, Philippines, Venezuela, Chile, Colombia, Taiwan, etc.
The per capita milk consumption is 250 liters per year.
- 70% of the produced milk is exported.
Source: INALE (Instituto Nacional de la Leche, Uruguay).